Monday, July 07, 2008

Starting to Feel Like Home


The "new" band room is starting to feel like home. The office is finished for now and the band room is getting there. I have always had special thoughts about band rooms. I have had some really good ones and some not so good but they are all special to me. One thing that maybe nobody knows is that I always talk to my band rooms. I know that is weird but I really don't care. You see I am always the last one out of the band room because I have the keys. Nothing really strange there but I as I am locking up I am in the room alone. It is eerily quiet because if we are going to competition or something like that it may have been filled with as many as 150 - 200 people so there I am all alone with the room. I usually say goodbye and I hope to bring something back to it. You see all of our work takes place in the band room and it has to stay behind. It is kind of sad I think. Any way I am really liking my new band room. It is great and I know soon it will be filled with musicians and that makes me happy.

I also had my first meeting with my new principal today. It really wasn't a meeting but more like me just giving some information. I have always liked to keep my principals informed of what was going on with the band. They don't like surprises! I think we will get along very well. I have had some great bosses and still even go fishing with one of them and it will be fun to get to know my new one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

20 MORE days until band camp!! 480 (more of less hours)! I'm excited and I can't wait to see what you have done to the band room!

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home