Saturday, July 05, 2008

Obstacles


Obstacles are an important part to my being, and I certainly do not mean that in a bad way. I enjoy obstacles but probably don't show it much at the time they are occurring, but they make me what I am. When people tell me "you can't do that" or "that just won't happen", I love it. Without obstacles I think goals are shallow items. I have faced many, many obstacles in many things that I have done. I view obstacles like challenges. They fuel me and make me a better person. There are very few things that I have ever really set my mind to doing and I haven't accomplished.

I think back to the Colonialist when they were founding our Country. They faced almost insurmountable obstacles and look what happened...the greatest society and culture ever. It was not easy but look at the results.

I know my new position at Dutch Fork will bring many challenges but you can bet I am ready and almost anxious like on a kid waiting on Christmas. You know something good is going to happen on Christmas morning. You may know some of the things you might get but not everything. And then the best is when you wake up and run to the tree and find something so great that you didn't even ask for but it is there and you make it your own.

I certainly don't mean to sound arrogant or "cocky" but I know deep down inside something amazing is about to happen. Get ready and feel free to join in!

The picture is by a local artist named Lee Monts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home