Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Nice Thing

I have to commend a band member. For the past two days, a young man has been coming to the band room to practice. Not because anybody told him too. Not because he was required, but because he knew he should practice. I am honored to have students like him in our band. This is not only commitment but also self discipline. His parents and instructors should also be commended for instilling traits such as these into him.

That is what it is really all about. Everybody working together toward a common goal. None of the "us against them" stuff. We all want some of the same things. Sometimes it hard to make sacrifices but in the end they are certainly worth it.

If students like the young man practicing for the past two days are the norm at Dutch Fork, then get ready for something spectacular to happen...for us all. Remember only together can we achieve our goals and together we can do things that others can only dream of. As a former drum major of mine once said, "Don't worry, I have a feeling about this." He was correct. We won lower state that same day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW Mr. Brady!! I just went and read alot of your old blogs. I haven't been on here in forever, but I saw this and had to comment! That day we won lower state... I seriously think that was the best feeling I've ever had!! There was no question about it, we were gonna go out there and win. We did too! That was the first time I think the whole band felt as a family! We miss you alot Mr. Brady, but I'm really glad you like your new school!! Alot of us are coming to see you guys at state! We might not be competing so all of our Saturdays will be open, maybe we'll see yall at more competitions than state!! Good luck!! And tell Kelsea Lee and I said hey!! lol Love, Randa

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you too Randa. I hope things get better for you.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home