Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's Not Brain Surgery!


I know that what I do for my career is not the most important thing in the world. I have been told by some that I feel that way. I really don't. I know that many, many people do greater things than I. I really do! I also know my class is not required. It is not like math, English, or science. It is just band. I also know that everybody has lives. I don't expect everybody to stop what they are doing and just eat, breath, and live band. That is my job. I work anywhere from 60 to 80 hours a week for 3 months. I don't really know why. I guess to me it's just what I do. I just can't stand the thought of looking at everybody in the stands if we:


A. Don't make finals

B. Don't do well at Lower State

C. Don't make or do well at State


I just work hard to the end and the end of this season is close. In 3 weeks it will all be said and done for competition season 2007. My hope is that everybody involved with the band will push hard to the end. We may never know if our best is good enough. It sure is convenient to not try too hard at something and then you can always blame things and results on somebody else. The truth is that I have never tried as hard as I could at anything and not succeeded. Maybe I didn't finish first or even second but I have always been satisfied and happy in the end. Try it! You might like it too.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home