Saturday, September 29, 2007

More Thought, Not more Effort

The students have certainly put in the work this week. Their level of effort has been great. The problem I have with them and their performance tonight was their lack of thought. We have worked to add some musical things and a visual thing too. Tonight it was almost like none of that had ever happened. The product we put out tonight just won't be good enough because it was not our best. Perhaps with homecoming behind us things can get a lot more focused on the task at hand. The goal tomorrow is to do better than we did last week. I want the guard to really perform. I want dynamic contrast. I want rhythmic precision. I want the pit to listen back. I want the final visual to be stunning. I want the best that we have to offer and I want the entire upstate to know who the Swansea Tiger Band really is and that we mean business. If the band can do these things, I believe we have succeeded for the week regardless of the out come. In about 24 hours, we either won't remember tonight's performance or we may remember it all too well. It is all about what choices are made tomorrow (Oh wait, later today!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home