Saturday, October 06, 2007

A Calm Saturday Morning


This is a pretty big day in the band world around South Carolina. We are not competing this weekend, and I have to say it should work for us. I have viewed some of the "boards" about band across the state and many people are impressed with us. I am sure many would think it was odd for us to take this weekend off. Most like to take the week before the prelims (lower and upper state) off. So why take this one off. BOA! We don't get to pick the days of these events. So once again we will not be visible except to the two other South Carolina bands that will be in St. Petersburg with us. They are Summerville and Wando. That is nice company to be around too. Maybe people will forget about us a little...until lower state. I would really like to give them a firm reminder of who we are, what we are about, and we are capable of doing. We are not close to being clean. I know we can play a lot better than what we are playing right now, and I know the guard can take it to the next level. I also know it will be for the band to see some of the bands in Florida. It is always good to see just what is possible by a group that works and bonds together.

To the "other" band fans across the state: we are not clean and we are scoring in the 90's. That means have a great show. This is our first year in 3A. We haven't even competed in 3A yet this year. Our first time will be at lower state and I believe some may be surprised that we are 3A with the success we have been having in 4A. It was kind of nice last night when somebody from the other band asked "How is it going for you this year?" The answer, "We haven't lost yet and our low score is 91.7."

Be prepared band the next three weeks of rehearsal are going to test you and push you, but maybe, just maybe, somewhere in all the sweat and tears, we will finally take this thing to level only a handfull of bands ever experience. When you get there, you won't even know but I can assure you this...YOU WILL RECOGNIZE THE RESULTS! Now go practice your music. Find the small things you can do better. As my former student use to say, "I got a feeling about this." We may just break through to something totally new for us all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mr brady can I get a horn mon??

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home