Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Not the Favorite




I suppose that I am not the favorite person of many people this week. We had a rough rehearsal yesterday and things were not exactly smooth last Saturday. It was truly amazing to see the band perform at a top level on Saturday though and they got what they deserved...1st place! Perhaps many do not realize that I do have a method to my madness. My true hope is that we have chance at the ultimate goal this year. Many think I am mean, heartless, in compassionate, and I am sure that you can come up with a few more things too. But one thing is for sure, my family and I care about the students in the Tiger Band. That brings up an interesting point...MY FAMILY. Do I have one? You bet. I have my mom and dad. They both worked for the Navy for over 42 years. I have my other mom and dad (Cindy's parents) that live right down the road in Lexington. I have my sister that I talk to often. She is even more loud and driven than I am. She runs marathons and competes in triathlons. I have uncles and aunts too. Even a couple of nephews that just look at me weird. Wouldn't you want a crazy Uncle Jon? But the crown jewel I have is my Cindy. She is always with me through go and bad. She is so hard on me to be the best too. I don't know what I would do without her. We don't have children except for the 90+ we take care of every weekend. Oh yeah then there is our Boyz Ted and Henry. They are the best! So I may not be the favorite teacher or person of the week for some, it makes me happy to know that some are always there for me. Oh I have friends too. Some even go fishing with me after we get home at midnight! They are always there...good or bad. We have an enormous task ahead of us. Can't we all work together to get what we all want? I think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home