Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Goin' To Convention!


I will be going to the annual in-service South Carolina Music Educators Convention tomorrow and will remain through Saturday in Charleston. It is a usually a pretty good time. There will be a lot of bands and smaller ensembles to enjoy and plenty of vendors will have booths set up to gather some free some from. There will also be some clinics for the band directors too. It is the band director's asssociations only business meeting of the year. Any changes to how we do things will be presented and voted on at this and only this meeting. Perhaps the best part of this convention and any for that matter are the contacts that will be made during the visit. It was at last year's convention that I finalized plans for the marching band show. That seemed to go well. I will make new friends and hang out with old ones too.
Many people are amazed with Charleston and they should be. It is a wonderful city that has so much to offer but to me it is one thing...home.
One thing is for sure though, on Saturday I will be ready to come back to my wife and the boyz.
Note: Any students reading this are reminded to...BE GOOD WHILE I AM GONE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home