Thursday, January 25, 2007

Two Peas in a Pod


So this weekend I have to judge the final auditions for all state band at Lexington High School. I have done this for about 15 years but this year marks an anniversary. 10 years ago this Saturday I came to Columbia to judge all state band and decided to stay with a friend so I wouldn't have to drive back to Lancaster where I was living and teaching at the time. I also figured it was a good excuse to go out and have some fun. Heck I was young then! So a couple of my friends and myself ventured out for a night of fun. Little did I know that fate had already set things in to motion for me. We were done with our fun at about 1:00 a.m. in the morning and were on our way home when I insisted we stop at one more place. Lucky we did. I met my wife that night. It was just a chance meeting of two people and we have been two peas in a pod every since. Some people say they don't believe in fate but I do. I now happy judge all state every year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home