Monday, January 22, 2007

What...No Trophies?

There were no new trophies in the band room this morning, but things that were accomplished this weekend were certainly leaps toward future successes of the Swansea band program. This weekend 26 students auditioned for region band. 13 were accepted and 5 were asked to audition again next Saturday for all state band. That means that 1/4 of the Swansea Symphonic Band is a region band member! and that half of the students that actually take the region band audition make it. At the middle school, 12 students were accepted to the region band and 3 were asked back to try for all state. Here is the break down at the high school:


Clinic Level Band (9th and 10th grade students)

1 - flute - callback
2 - clarinets
1 - contra bass clarinet - callback
1 - alto saxophone
1 - horn - callback
1 - trombone
1 - tuba

Senior Lever Band (11th and 12th grade students)

3 - clarinets - 1 callback
1- bass clarinet
1 - trumpet - callback

I am very proud of all of the students that took the audition even the ones that did get what they wanted. They too have made the Swansea band better.

I would like to thank my band booster president for riding the bus and taking responsibility for the students this weekend. I was judging so I could not be in charge of them. It is certainly a great feeling for me to know that I have great people like that that I can rely on to help when it is needed.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home