Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Not Much of a Chance?

That is what they are giving us to win state. All I hear about is how lower state was just a fluke and the competition is going to get us this weekend. Lower State was not a fluke! It was a result of a lot work, dedication, and trust. Not only trust in me as a band director, but also my trust in the band. Here is the problem (problem for other bands!). We are still getting better. Every run, every step, every note is better than the one before it. The guard continues to get better every moment. I am glad we have another day to prove that there were no mistakes at lower state. Most bands are looking for things to do better at this point. We just keeping getting better. Let them think we don't have a chance! There is not one band in the state that deserves more. We are not leaving it to chance! We are working for it! I don't know if everything will work out to our winning state, but I do know we are going for it...Our way. Some people thought Swansea's best days were behind them. They are not. We are continuing to build on the tradition. This is only the beginning of something that soon the entire country may know about. South Carolina is a small state and we have bigger goals in mind, but for now stay focused on the goal at hand. What is the goal? To be the best we can be!
I told somebody how ready I was for this weekend, and they had the best quote. "I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas!"
Yep. You know something good is coming. It is only a matter of time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog entry is exactly why you are the love of my life Jon Brady.....now go win state!!!!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well i want state more than a fat kid wants cake lol. I want it more than anything and i think that we can win. again thx for bein such an awesome director!!!!!!!

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! I cannot wait until saturday! I think we have more than a chance to put everything on that field and KNOW that they have no choice but to give to us.
everyone: Keep working hard. casue we CAN do it!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home