Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Last Section


I have been waiting for a while to do the last section of the band. The drum majors. They are what truly makes my job better. I have had other drum majors, but these are the ones I have wanted for a long time(no offense Thomas, You are my boy!). My current drum majors are what every director would love to have. They give up the showmanship for musicality. They did win last weekend and I am happy about that, but I did warn them that my drum majors rarely win the caption, but often win the music. That is what it is about....the music. I have told them from the beginning that at state competitions there is no drum major caption...just music. Believe me, these drum majors get it! My drum majors always hear more that I say than anybody else at a competition. My drum majors take a lot of stuff from me but we seem to bond in the end. I am truly fortunate to have the drum majors I have this year. I hope they remember me as I will always remember them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home