Thursday, August 10, 2006

Stormy Weather


Today we were on our way to having a great rehearsal. We had stretched and finished basics block and had reviewed what we had cleaned on Tuesday. We sounded and looked better than we did when we left on Tuesday but then it happened. A severe thunderstorm. Last year this would have pretty much been the end of rehearsal but something great happened. We were in the band room set up to work on music in about 10 minutes! It is nice to have the full band together inside every once in a while. We made a recording for the colorguard to use and worked on stands music. It sounded so much better than last year. I even arranged a little tune myself, and we play it too. One of my drum majors paid me and the band a great compliment and didn't even know it. All he said was "this is fun!". I have always said practice makes band fun and I was glad that our hard work for the past year is paying off.
As a band, we also discussed how hard we needed to work this year. They seem to be willing to pay the price for success. There are 3 state championship trophies in the band room and I look at them a lot and think about the hard work and sacrifices those students made to obtain them. One thing is sure. Those students may be gone, but their rewards will stay at Swansea forever. Maybe just maybe there is room for another one of those trophies this year! I know I have made to the commitment to do everything I can to be happy when I walk off the field at the end of this season.
This picture above is of the "Yard of the Month" in Aberdeen Farms. It is our house. We won!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home