Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Winning isn't everything...

"Winning isn't everything but the will to win is everything." - Vince Lombardi



It is a true statement if you think about it. Why compete if you don't have the will to win? It seems like a long time ago when my band won it all. I can't really tell you how it feels to see the kids so happy with their accomplishments. This weekend will mark the beginning of the competitive season. We go to Batesburg-Leesville this Saturday for a Prelims/Finals type competition. If we don't do well in prelims, it will be a short day. We have had short days before and that sting doesn't go away quickly. Strange that when a group wins they share the win together, but in defeat it seems everybody feels that alone. This weekend is important for a lot of reasons. Perhaps the Brady will prevail or perhaps.............


It is risks where the true advance but also it where they feel defeat alone. Good or bad one thing gives me solace. When I walk in the door Saturday night (or more like Sunday morning) I will know I have given it my all and regardless of the outcome, I will be greeted by three happy wiener dogs and one very supportive wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home