Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Band Camp: Day 2



We are making progress despite of the weather. It certainly makes it hard to get much accomplished when the temperatures hover around 100 degrees. None the less, things are getting done. We have 21 pages of drill on the field and got to where I thought we needed this morning so we stayed inside this afternoon and worked on music. You just can't work on music too much. I sent the students into sectional areas today and I have to say I was very pleased with the gains which were made. I really think I have the best staff ever this year. It is so nice to have people to work with that do things that way I ask.

We have one new staff member that desires a special welcome. Mr. Colt Campbell is a new band director at our middle school. He is a graduate of USC and plays trombone. He has already made an impact on our program with his eagerness and pleasant demeanor. I know the students have enjoyed working with him so far and I have too.

As the band progresses we have to remember, good enough and easy is not the way to get what we want in the end. We must continue to work for the higher levels of accomplishment especially at the individual level. The fact is that most of what we do in band is controlled from an individual level.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Gabi L said...

Hey Mr. Brady, I couldn't find your email address, so I figured this was the best way to reach you. I just wanted to let you know that the SAT date on October 1 will not be a problem, since we have the White Knoll Silver Invitational that day, and do not perform until 8pm, so all of the SAT takers won't have a problem making call time. Just wanted to let you know. Also, I think this has been the best year yet, and I can't wait to see where we go! :)

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home