Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Here They Come!

Tomorrow is the first day of regular school for everybody in my district. Of course, my kids have been coming now for about a month. I will see some new faces but for the most part we will all be very familiar with each other. We have our first after school rehearsal tomorrow and our first home football game Friday. Nothing like going back at it quickly.

I guess though for the most part my goals for the year are simple. I would like to teach people the enjoyment they may find in music. It is that simple. Not marching band or competitions or football games...Just music. I hope to help those students which are a bit behind or don't yet know why they should play music and hopefully help those which excel already to find more in themselves than they though was possible.

I truly hope at the end of this school year all will have a greater appreciation for true music. Can there be any greater cause?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Wendy said...

Teach them to LOVE music.

So often sports is one hot shining moment that is over too quickly, but music... well, that lasts FOREVER.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home