Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday...All Day Long!

I am still without a fully functional computer. My boss even gave me a laptop to use but it doesn't have my music programs on it so I can basically check email on it. I suppose I am not very high on the priority list of getting stuff fixed like that. Oh well. I went to the middle school and I think the new director and myself will get along fine. It will be fun to work with and get to know the middle school kids. Then we had after school rehearsal. I really do look forward to it. The longer I teach the more I like rehearsing. It was a bit warm but not too bad. Several kids didn't feel good and then I figured it out. They didn't drink anything all day at school so then at practice they started sweating and were dehydrated. Hopefully they will get more acclimated over the next few days. We really need to clean the show up if we are to have a chance. I just can't stand the thought of them looking at me after state with tears running down their faces again. That is the worst part of band directing. They may not like me for pushing them now but the rewards will never come with out the work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home