Friday, August 21, 2009

A Better Day


I still don't have a computer but I must say that I have some great students. Mr. Apple came by this morning and put new heads on the timpani and they sound great. They have to "rest" this weekend though before they are tuned finally though. As for my classes, I had Concert Band first. This is the class that does not participate in marching band. I don't think you should be excluded from band and music education because you can't participate in marching band. If music education is to be a integral part of a student's education, then it must be available to all. So any way...last year this class was quite a struggle for all in the beginning but as we learned together something wonderful happened. We became a band of our own. Today I had 36 great band students in this class. I think we are going to have a lot of fun and, dare I say, have a some really Superior performances. Then came Symphonic Winds. I have to say I am so pleased that they seemed to pick up where we left off last year. We made some great sounds and we set a few goals too. We even sightread a nice stands tune. Funny that we start the year by sightreading RESPECT. That may be the just what we all get in the end of this whole thing this year...Some RESPECT. You just never know what can happen when a large group of students, parents, staff, and loved ones all work toward the same goal. I love surprises!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home