Friday, August 14, 2009

The Best Band Camp Ever?



Maybe! I have been doing this a long time and this was a great one. We have the entire show on the field and if you know me at all I don't just put drill on the field if we are not able to march and play it without being able to do it relatively clean. I must say everybody has worked very hard including the best staff I have ever worked with. Here is the good thing. Usually you hire camp staff to help you and then they go away. Not this year. Our staff will stay in place for the most part throughout the season. All the staff may not be at every rehearsal but for most of the time, they will be. But the band kids are the real heroes this week. They have been incredible! If you know me at all, I am not exactly the president of the Optimist Club, but I must say the season looks bright in many aspects. I truly appreciate all of the help I have received over the course of band camp, but don't stop now. Something truly amazing can happen if we all just do our part and work together. Have a great weekend.
The picture above is band tower and what the seniors did to it. Amazing in itself I think. Must have taken all night!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda (TaylorGS) said...

Yay, I so I wanted to see a picture of it! Their senior prank so eclipses my class. So... definitely eclipses.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home