Monday, January 05, 2009

First Day Back from Break

Today was pretty good. I was actually glad to get back to it. I really like what I do most of the time. I even like the administrative part of the job like working with guidance and getting stuff ready for region band. Sometimes I wonder if I would like being an administrator. I have been asked about it before and maybe some time from now I will make that move. My sister does it and seems to like it. Any way though, my classes were OK. I wish the concert band would be more "in to" what they do. They just don't seem to enjoy it. I think a lot this "apathy" that goes around is more of an image to up hold rather than a reality. I just think it is currently "cool" to not show you care about things. It is a pretty easy out if you think about it. If you act like you don't care about something, than it is pretty easy to not worry about practicing and stuff like that.
This weeks main focus is TEACHING. That should always be the focus of what I do. Region band auditions certainly are priority too though and they will take time and effort for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home