Saturday, January 03, 2009

The New Year

I guess it is time to get ready for work again. Region band auditions are next Saturday and that will be a lot work but it would be just fine. I have hosted state competition, state concert festival, region band clinic, and drum corps before so I think we will do just fine at auditions.
My break has been pretty nice. I do wish the weather would have been better but that is out of the control of anybody so what is the point in being too concerned with stuff like that?
As for New Year's resolutions, I have none. I think I would be best to just try to do good things all year long. That goes for all kind of things like eating more healthy and donating to charity and all that other stuff. I just don't think I need an event like New Years to put those things in place.
My buddy Scott is coming down to eat, watch football, and smoke cigars tonight. It is always good to catch up with him. We were going to go fishing but weather tomorrow looks less than favorable so we will just eat too much and stay up late and watch football.
I hope the students that are auditioning for region band have been practicing but that is another things is out of my control so I will try not to worry about it too much. At region band the students always get what they deserve.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Mr. B, there were some awesome games on this weekend. Some we can say "whats new" and other times that you have to pat our team on the back for a great game even though they lost. They fought til the end. We should all take that approach in anything we are doing, fight until the end.
have a great first day back. I know my kids were just looking forward to it. LOL...right.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Jon Brady said...

You always make me feel better. Thanks Pat.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home