Friday, December 19, 2008

That's a Wrap: 1st Semester

We made it! We have made it through what is surly one of the most difficult semesters of my working career. It is Christmas break. I have two wonderful weeks off! I think we have done OK in my opinion. What some may not remember is that I am only the second band director EVER at Dutch Fork. Nobody here knew of anything different with regards to band and I have to say things have been OK. We certainly have a long way to go but I do feel that things are starting to click here. I think way back to June and July when we were all just getting to know each other and we all had questions about a bunch of stuff. Those questions seem to be getting answers at this point. I feel like we now have the three sides to our band triangle working. We have the students on one side, the parents/boosters on another side, and the staff/directors/school administration on the other. All three have to work together to be a successful band program. It has been hard but I really appreciate all who have made things happen so far. But it is certainly time for a break too. See you all soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont worry it's still first semester, we can strong with a good showing at region band and possibly at all-state to start off the 2nd semester.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry this is late, but I hope you have a good break and can just relax and forget about school and all that for awhile. I don't know anything about fishing, so I don't know if you can fish during this time or not. If you can, have fun. Hope you can spend some well deserved time with Cindy, also. Remember the wife always needs some pampering!!!! Had to add that in there!!!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home