Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Last Day of 2008


Wow! What a year. I can say this has been a difficult one. There has been a lot of change in my life for sure with the biggest one being my change of jobs. I think for the most part I have done OK with the new job. I have done my way for sure. The rewards for the hard work this year will be more evident in the coming years. Certainly some people will disagree but then if you make everybody happy...you probably aren't doing your job! While I certainly miss my friends at Swansea, I have made some great new ones at Dutch Fork. I do wish I would have more contact with my friends at the other bands I have directed. Some have trouble understanding why I change jobs but others seems to understand. Perhaps 2009 will be different in the aspect that I will make time to see them more. Things at home have been great this year and I see that just getting better. I feel like I am just now figuring so many things about life.

We have big plans for ringing in the new year tonight. We are staying at home! That's the best. To be with the ones you care about most and to see the new year together. Feel free to call us a Midnight or right after. Just don't wait until 12:15 a.m. because we will be sleeping.

I hope everybody has a great and safe New Year's Eve.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Ok-
I have to laugh at the sleeping at 12:15am. We sleep from 10-11:45pm wake up long enough to walk outside watch the other people blow their money on one blast and then laugh at them because I still have money in my pocket, yet enjoy the same blast. LOL
Mr. B we are so glad to have you and this coming year will be a blast!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

oh yeah,
Change is part of life. Life would be boring without it! Looking for alot of that this next year.
Go SSBAND!!!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home