Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Tomorrow Night is Big!

Tomorrow night will be our debut together. I have to say I am ready to get going into the real swing of things. I want to get some consistency going and I just want everybody to be happy with the band. I think things will be good. I am quite pleased with the progress of my Symphonic Class. They were counting and playing better today. It is obvious that some of them are practicing. I like small classes because there is no where to hide. It makes you be a better musician. There are some things that I do wish were better for tomorrow night. I wish we could have rehearsed in the stadium at least once before our debut but that didn't happen. I wish we could have had time to work on the stands pieces more but that didn't happen. I know things will get better though too. Once I wished I was the band director at Dutch Fork. That did happen.
Here a few reminders for the students reading this:
1. You need to wear you summer uniform. I have extra shirts if anybody needs to purchase one. You are on your own with the shorts though. Khaki with no pockets and knee length.
2. Every one will need a flip folder to participate in pre-game.
3. Have fun! You deserve it but remember we are the Class of the school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home