Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shut Up and Teach

That is my advise to myself. I think I have spent far too much time teaching effort lately so I just started to teach music. I love to teach so that is what I have been doing. Yesterday I taught the Symphonic Band some counting methods. Then today I taught concert band the same with some tone production stuff too. In Symphonic Winds, we played chorales a talked about playing musically. No it wasn't work on the marching band show so I guess it won't help that. Think again. Band is band is band. It doesn't matter if you are marching or sitting down it all boils down to music and music is what we are about.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I promise, your teaching efforts are not going to waste. I have never really thought about counting rhythms before while I was playing, even though I had always heard that that's what you are supposed to do. I'd never known how until class the other day when you told us to count the eighth note. I can promise you that it's working now becuase I went to a concert last night and found myself counting the rhythm the drummer was playing when I did not like the song that was being played and it amazed me that counting the eighth note was all it took! I felt like a true band geek all thanks to you hahaha.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home