Tuesday, September 02, 2008

And Just Fun...

Ok. I got a fast one pulled on me today. You know I have my week all planned out because we have our first football game on Friday and I want it to be good. I have everything ready to go and what happens? The moved the football game to THURSDAY! This was probably a smart move due to the chance of bad weather because of a hurricane. I grew up riding hurricanes out and we never evacuated because we didn't have any where to go but in today's age, every precaution has to be taken so any way. All my plans changed today at about 12:00. I was not going to let my first night with the band be less than acceptable so we made adjustments. I taught pre-game this after noon. I have to say it went pretty smooth and then we learned about 8 pages of drill in about 20 minutes. Smart bands win and this is why. Good job today to the band. They handled everything very well and seem to be ready to take things to the next step. We should be fine on at the game. I do wish we had some more acceptable stands tunes but that will come. We have about 6 new ones that are OK and we will work on them some before the game. I know everybody probably wonders what kind of changes will be made with the new band director and I can tell you not many for now. We will be a bit more formal with some things like how we enter the stands and leave the game and dismiss but nothing radical. I really don't know how the Part 1 run of the show will go at half-time. It is a young band and this will be many of there first time on grass! It should be fun and I am sure it will be fine too. Why? Because we are starting to rehearse right and it will pay off in the end. Remember we will pull numbers out of the box Thursday. Oh the box! I bet many of my former students remember the box. Oh well, we should be fine on Thursday even it is a day early!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The box...what can I say? Always lucky not to get pulled. Where is the game this week?

Coleman

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Game is home at 7:00 Thursday night.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE BOX makes its return lol sounds like things are good you know when you first comp. is??
I might come check yall out
-Tim

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH NO NOT THE BOX!!!!! lol.
that was my favorite part... only because i never got pulled! : )

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home