Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rookie Camp: Day 2

The heat was on for sure but we continued to work towards our goals. I must say I was a bit surprised that so few students practice the "Brady" warm up. No success will happen until individual commitment happens. Our goal is to finish top 5 in the state this year. Goals are nothing with out action. They will quickly turn into disappointments if the proper steps are not taken to reach them. With that being said, I have been very impressed with the level of achievement that my students are obtaining. There I said it "my students". That is big because I feel most of them are my students now. They may feel differently but I am so happy to be able to instruct them. They are smart, respectful, and talented.
We will not be the largest band in 5A this year but if we all work together, we will be the best. It doesn't take large numbers to win. My bands have proven that time and time again. Just look back if you need to at www.bandlink.org. This time is different though. I hope this is my last first year ever.
There are only two real choices. Succeed or quit and nobody has quit yet so that just leaves one choice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that yall are doing well!!!! Send some good luck our way as we get ready for band camp next week!!!!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home