Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Tastes in Music

Sometimes I get a student that laughs and asks me what kind of music I listen too. Well, they probably think I ride around listening to Beethoven. Although I enjoy and study art music (what most people call "classical music"), I usually listen to popular music. I classify popular music as anything that is not art music so everything from rock, country, metal, alternative, and those kind of things are popular music. I compare to not always wanting to read a novel. Sometimes you just don't want to have to think that hard. So who are some of my favorites?
U2- One of my favorites. If you haven't listened to "The Joshua Tree" lately, do! Ihave seen them 3 times.
Everclear - They are playing in Myrtle Beach tomorrow night and I would love to go. They are just cool.
The Counting Crows - Greatness! My wife and I went to Atlanta to see them this past Labor Day.
Better Than Ezra - If you don't know this band. Look them up. They are so underrated.
Stone Temple Pilots - This was one of the best concerts I have ever been to.
Pearl Jam - I still remember that first time I heard them. The older stuff is the best from them.
Radiohead - Alot of the newer bands out there owe a lot to these guys.
The Foo Fighters - It really makes me wonder why Dave Grohl played with Nirvana at all.
These are only a few of my favorites. If you don't know some of them, go look them up and give them a listen. One of the greatest things about music is sharing it with others. Feel free to list your favorites as a response.

1 Comments:

Blogger Franklin said...

Foo fighters are awesome

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home