Friday, December 08, 2006

Easy Target!

I am certainly the easiest of them all. How do I feel at a given time? You don't have to ask. Just look. How is this for a character flaw? I tell people like it is. Along time ago, I made a commitment to telling my bands what my feelings were about how they were performing. In a politically correct world, this can get me in trouble. It is interesting to me how many people want outstanding results but are so reluctant to do what is necessary to obtain them. I look back some of the comments that were posted on this board the week before lower state. I even deleted many of them due to personal attacks that were made, but the week after...No negative comments. Even on some other "band" boards people were posting that the results from lower state were a mistake. Those comments to disappeared the next week. If outstanding results were so easy obtain, would they even be worth having? It was not by chance that not one person came up to me on the field at lower state or state and said "You remember all that work in July and August? Well this just ins't worth it!"
All organizations and individuals that achieve at a high level have two things in common. They understand the chain of command, and they have a sense of urgency. One of these two things without the other is just not enough.
So am I an easy target? I hope so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home