Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday!

It was Monday all day long. After a very nice weekend it was nice to see the kids though. One of the music reps. brought some instruments by for the kids to play. It is always a scary thing to give a 15 year old a $3,000 clarinet and say "give this a try!" I wish I could buy them all professional line instruments, but I would really need a raise to pull that off. But hey my parents didn't buy my first tuba for me. I worked a long time to get and have been through many horns throughout my career, but I have kept my first one. I have been tempted to sell it a few times for much more than I paid for it, but I just can't seem to do it. Remember the best things in life become more valuable the older they get. Like band directors! (Ha-Ha!!)
We really didn't play too well today but hopefully tomorrow will be different. I think it will take some getting use to for the kids to realize if they want to play grade 5 and 6 music, they are going to have to practice at home.
Anybody reading this that is a part of the band, please be reminded that we have our monthly booster club meeting tomorrow night in the band room at 7:00 p.m.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I told my Mom I wanted the R-13... haha she laughed! (lol) but she said the E-11 for christmas! =D

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home