Friday, November 03, 2006

Try It...You Might Like It!

So we practice three days a week for 2.5 hours and then go to football games and travel on Saturday for marching band. Why not just get use to practicing for about 45 minutes everyday by yourself? Who knows you may find it to be a very worthwhile cause. I practiced everyday for three hours a day for five years with only one day off a week (usually Friday). You may find that hard to believe, but it is true. If I ever thought about missing a day, I felt bad. I mean kind of sick...Really! Now that marching season is over, I will start to practice regularly again. Why? Because I like to play my instrument. The world of concert band can open up many new opportunities for our band program like scholarships for the students. What a great way to back up a lower state championship and a silver medalist performance at state then straight superiors at concert festival. I am not sure if I can convince the students about the importance of individual practice though, but I will keep trying.
Now a weekend off. No band...Yeah right! It seems I am always thinking and talking about band. I love band. There are certainly worse things to do than band. Good luck to the 5A guys this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home