Thursday, November 16, 2006

Something to Smile About


I taught a tuba lesson today to a young lady. She really seemed happy but the best part was the way she smiled because she "got it". Playing an instrument is difficult enough, but when you really don't know how to do something in reference to playing it can be extremely frustrating. I am glad I could help her. I bet she makes region band as a 7th grader.

Tomorrow I am off to the alma mater...Winthrop. It has to be the most beautiful school in the world. I am glad I get to share it with 5 of my students. We are going up for the 27th annual band clinic. It will be fun, but it is another weekend away from home for work. At least there is a heated pool at the hotel! For three of the students, this will be their first college clinic. It can be a real reality check to find out that not only can students from other schools play well...they may even better they you!
Above is Tillman Hall at Winthrop University. I sure do miss it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Slatton said...

I don't miss Tillman as much as I miss the business at 527 Cherry Road.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Jon Brady said...

Yes, it is still there! No 306 Park Avenue thought!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home