Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks!


Here are some things that I am thankful for:

1. Flutes - Thank you for getting along and not yelling at each other.

2. Clarinets - Thank you for yelling at each other in such a way that usually doesn't bother me.

3. Saxophones - Thank you for not declaring all out war on each other.

4. Horns - Thank you for just thinking the things that you would like to say to me.

5. Trumpets - Thank you for playing much better than you really should for your age and for taking some pretty harsh criticism.

6. Baritones - Thank you for giving our band that special sound that nobody has. Also, thank you for not getting suspended from school until after marching season.

7. Tubas - Thank you for realizing that marching band was NOT ultimate fighting.

8. Front Ensemble - Thank you for finally playing even suspended cymbal rolls so Mr. Apple would quit yelling in my ear.

9. Battery - Thank you for playing so musically.

10. Drum Majors - Thank you for letting me yell at you even when I was wrong.

11. Colorguard - Thank you for realizing that marching band was not an audition for "Drama: A Saga of Marching Band".

12. Mr. Apple - Thank you for yelling at the battery even though you were 40 yards away from them and on the tower. It kept me on my toes.

13. Sharod - Thank you. Just thank you for all you have done for the colorguard.

14. Band Booster Club and Parents - Thank you for not forming a mutiny even when I was acting like an A** on competition days. (Or any other days for that matter!)

15. Scott - Thank you for telling people what my real address was in college.

16. Cindy - Thank you for not making me live in the garage during marching season although you threatened to often.

17. Ted and Henry - Thank you greeting me the same way not matter what. Win or lose, you guys are always happy when I come home.

18. Band Booster President - Thank you for not using my truck to back up the equipment trailer with.

19. Mom and Dad - Thank you for coming to Lower State to see us win.

20. The Band Muscle - Thank you for everything. You made things so much easier.


I hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving. Remember when your family is about to get on your last nerve, just take out your instrument and start practicing. Then you can have the last laugh!

P.S. You didn't think this was going to be a serious post...Did you?

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott Slatton said...

No thanks for the drumline???!!! Come on man!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Jon Brady said...

In the 21st century, we call that the battery.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was about to say um "battery" is drumline!! haha you know what I'm thankful for Mr. Brady??? You... you never give up on us... and you push us to where we need to go to get what we want!! Thanks!! And you and your family have a GREAT Thanksgiving!! Love, Randa

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow a band director and a comedian! You are so versatile.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home