Sunday, September 24, 2006

Homework

We were second overall yesterday. I fine result except I feel we could do even better next week if we can just have three great rehearsals instead of two mediocre ones and one great one.
I spent my night last night doing my homework. I was up until about 2:00 a.m. listening to tapes and trying to figure out what I could do to put the band in a position to get better results. The music and overall effect judges really liked the show. We just have to do what we are doing better. I know if we can continue to clean things up both visually and musical we can catch and pass our upstate competition.
Next week the competition is tough as well. Maybe even more tough. We will have to work extremely hard and smart this week or we will have similar results. Mediocrity is a disease I can do without.
I am proud of my band, but I think if you look back at last week's entry on Tuesday you may see how things that happen my not have immediate effects.
Winning is not something that just happens. It is the result of many things that happen on a consistent basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home