Saturday, September 23, 2006

"Leave No Doubt!"

Today is the day we have waited and worked for since July 20th. I really don't think we could have done more to prepare. I don't think anybody will read this before we report today, but regardless of the outcome tonight I am proud of the band as a whole. As a whole, I mean our entire program of students, parents, family, and staff. If we don't have the ultimate reward of victory, it will be because another band played and marched better than us today. Not necessarily a better band but one that was better today. Today is not about other bands. It is about us and our journey. Good luck Swansea Tiger Band! Today I truly take my band to contest. Everybody that sees and hears us today will see a new era in the Swansea Band program. Last year at this time I had doubts. Not today. As a friend and a very good band director once said, "Leave No Doubt!" Today is ours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home