Monday, September 25, 2006

Another Year Older

Yep, today is my birthday. They seem to be a lot closer together than they used to be. I can remember when I would go to band competitions and I was always the youngest director. Not so anymore. Then I was the youngest successful director. Not so anymore. Some things have gotten better though. Professional sports players are often in the twilight of their career at my age. Their skills are starting to diminish. Not me. I feel like I am just figuring this band thing out. I did get a pleasant surprise today. My wife brought me lunch at work. That was too nice.
Today's rehearsal was exceptional. We really cleaned the first half of the opener. If only they will continue rehearsing like they did today for the rest of the week I believe we could have a better result this weekend.
I talked with two of the judges from Saturday and they both said if we can get the show clean, it will be great! I really respect both of their opinions so a cleaning we will go. We have 2 more rehearsals this week to get it done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home