Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Some recent events...

We went to region band this past weekend and things were great except for one big thing. The bus got stuck in the mud. I mean really stuck. Like up the axle stuck. The ground was nice and hard when it was frozen but then it melted. So it goes. I felt bad for the kids because we didn't get to go anywhere for lunch but they were great. We ordered pizza and they ate at the school. So we got a tow truck to pull us out. Unfortunately that tow truck only succeeded at pulling the bumper off the bus. The second tow truck looked like something off of "Ice Road Truckers" and it got us out pretty easily. Needless to say, we stayed on pavement for the rest of the trip. Again though, the kids were great throughout the entire trip.
Tomorrow I will go to the sixth grade school and conduct the Crossroads Honor Band. They are all beginners and I am looking forward to it. I am not the typical clinician because I don't tell funny stories and stuff like that. I just teach. This is where my band program begins and I hope I can help them.
Friday I am walking my Symphonic Band class to the middle school to, hopefully, recruit some more talent for the high school. It is an easy trip because we will walk and the largest 8th grade brass and percussion class meets at the same time. Again, the more visible we are the better.
Yes, it would easier to just "stay the course" but then again...I ain't into easy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy Pollard Hoogenboom said...

and thats why youre so good at what you do...success isn't easy! I know how hard you work...and I hope you know how very very proud I am of you!!!!!Love you....

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home