Thursday, February 25, 2010

Being Seen

Today Mr. Apple, Ms. Haynes, and myself took 33 students to the middle school to "drum up" some business. We took the dance/colorguard group and the drumline to the middle school to play for their 4 lunches. Although a fairly easy trip, it was next door, it still takes all of us working together to make stuff like this happen. I feel the more visible we are as a group the more students, teachers, and parents will get involved with what we are doing. I think the middle school students enjoyed and at least they know who we are now. Many next time the Jazz Band can play at their lunches.
Tonight I am actually sitting in the hall for "interim pick up night". This where parents can come and pick up their children's progress reports and meet the teachers. Granted I probably see my student's parents more than just about any teacher but this is the part of my job where I am just a "regular teacher". Everybody is required to be here so I am too. Sometimes I am a coach, sometimes I am an administrator, sometimes I am a teacher but all days I am a unique being in the school...I am the Band Director.
This weekend is region band. Just one of many days for the cause...the cause of Band. At least it is a worthwhile cause that I believe in. How many people do you know that can say that about their job?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home