Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Doing Stuff...

I never really knew how much my band director took care of for us until I was the one that had to take care of that stuff. Just in the past two days I have had to deal with region band and all state band rooms and transportation. It seems easy now but it wasn't always. I got reservations for 12 rooms for region and 4 for all state and that seems fine but try it sometime. First you better have a high credit limit on your credit card because if you don't...denied. Any way I am glad I am good at this stuff but I still the best thing I do is teach music. Lately I have stopped worrying about some of the things that are out of my control and just, as my note on my stand says, I just teach. I must be OK at it too. The top band, Symphonic Winds, is just playing well. We can pretty much sight read grade 5 music. That is not an easy task. Today we basically read Chorale and Shaker Dance. It is one of my favorites. Somebody asked me once why I push my bands so hard. Truthfully some it is the fact that I just like to play a lot of stuff. Yesterday we started Jazz Band and I have to say, it was pretty good. I think it was better than it as at the end last year and it was fun too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home