Monday, February 08, 2010

Jazz Band

I thought I would put a bit up about Jazz Band. I am NOT a "Jazzer" by any means but I do appreciate it and I enjoy working with a jazz band. This year we are meeting after school on Monday's. Today will only be our 3rd meeting but we are already sounding good. I am a tuba players so the jazz thing escapes me at times. In reality my jazz bands play a lot more than just straight jazz. We tend to play a lot of rock too. I really don't care what the students play as long they do play so anything that they like is fine with me. We even have a performance coming up on Feb. 19th for a school assembly. It was pretty neat after the first rehearsal that several students commented how much better we were this year over last year. It is amazing how all that sightreading and technical skill can transfer to other areas of music isn't it? Not really. Not at all surprising. Band is Band is Band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home