Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Recap of Yesterday

The staff continues to push the band but things don't really seem to be advancing as well as I would like. The percussion section seems to have it together the most. They are all in the same class together and that is a large advantage for them. I feel that not seeing the winds everyday is really putting us further behind. I certainly don't think anybody does not want to well, I just don't think we have enough time together and that the music is just too difficult for some. All have made progress as some of our younger students could hardly play anything at band camp. They are continuing to get better but again it is hard when I only see everybody together 3 days a week. We will press forward though. I did notice yesterday that some of students that had been struggling visually are getting better. On a personal note, I do feel I am giving everything I can to the band. It is starting to wear on me though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home