Thursday, July 30, 2009

Best Rookie Camp Ever?

Perhaps! I don't give compliments that I don't really mean so here is one you bank on. We will be very good this year. I have been a head director for 15 years now and this is the best start I can remember. Things are clicking very well indeed. I am excited to think of the possibilities that lay ahead for the band. I am "just keeping it real". Monday will tell a lot for sure as we will have the full band and things really get cranked up. I am now ready for that thanks to my amazing staff and student leaders.
We had a secret guest today also. I really enjoyed visiting with him. I hope we get to see a lot more of him. He has so much to offer us and we will certainly take him up on his offers to help.
Also, a special thank you to another band director that was kind enough to let us borrow two marching baritones. It is a great problem to have when you need to borrow instruments.
I am very fortunate to have great help and wonderful colleges with which to work.
Finally, I think everybody is going to know and feel why we worked so hard last year. Get ready! The time is now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home