Monday, July 20, 2009

Almost Time...



The countdown is on and I can tell some are getting excited for some band action. I spent this morning working on the band grid. I am painting new lines. I have a bit more to go but it should be finished tomorrow. I use to do this every week when I rehearsed on grass so at least this is a one time a year or so deal but I like doing it. I know that sounds crazy but it makes things real for me. I have even helped other band director line their fields. It is not as easy as you would think. One thing that I do use from high school math is the Pythagorean Theorem. You remember A squared + B squared = C squared. It is the only way to get the corners perfect and if you know me, perfect is what we aim for.


I suggest all band kids to get outside now and start adjusting for the heat. I remember one year my assistant helped me mark the field and we both got sick because it was 100 degrees. Oh well...That's Band!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Slatton said...

I don't get that fancy theorem business. Can't you just use a corner of a cardboard box or something?

3:36 PM  
Anonymous J. Brady said...

Very nice Mr. Slatton.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home