Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Easy Way Out

Change is hard. The easy way out is to just keep doing the same thing. This is fine if you are where you want to be but if you expect to grow and become something more you must change. Change is difficult. It makes comfortable people uncomfortable. It makes competent people uneasy, but what change offers is a chance to find the unknown. Change offers unknowns a chance to experience great things. To remain the same is to let others pass you by. To remain the same is to give up and accept what others are willing to give you. To change is to give yourself a chance to perhaps fail but it also gives you a chance to perhaps find greatness that you did not even know was possible.

I myself have learned far more from my failures than I have with my successes. Successes are rewards for hard work. Failures remind us that we need change and are opportunities for growth. Nobody likes to fail but when you are attempting to learn new things and new ideas, failure is inevitable on some level.

So the easy way out is to just stay the same. You can easily make excuses why you did not succeed. You can place the blame on something or somebody else. You can deny the failures. It is all so comfortable and easy. I, like many others, love challenges. Challenges are best when you have help to over come them but then again rewards are certainly best when shared with others also.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

I would love for everyone to go back and read your blog in Oct 2006. This could be our blog if you want it bad enough!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Brady, I have very little problem with anything you have done. With out disciplne the kids would be out of control. I too believe the kids are capable of an incredible show!! I only have two observations...I wish you would have let the kids visit concessions Saturday night (it was a very long time since pizza) and it actually is very extra curricular for the 8th graders (although I believe it is a very good opportunity and experience for them!).

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! I'M A STUDENT! MARCHING BAND IS NOT EXTRA!!!!!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the only way marching band would be extra is if you went there and stood on the sideline like a tree... even if you listen to it, you feel how much a part of life it is for the students involved. music is a way of life. those that choose it are the happiest people in the world. case closed.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the food thing. We had a situation develop on that but it is taken care of now. It is difficult when we perform in the 6-7 hour due to warm up and stuff like that too. As for the few 8th graders we use, they are great and none have been anything but exceptional. I would like to continue to offer marching band to the exceptional ones.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home