Saturday, October 11, 2008

An Important Day

Today is an important day for us at the Dutch Fork Band. This will be our third competition together. Today should be the day we put it all together. We have has a great week of rehearsal and the run last night was a fairly good one for a football game. We should have our best performance ever tonight. I am amazed that things have come together as quickly as they have. There is no doubt that I have been pushing the band and changing the expectations and they way things work in the band too. There has been some resistance and I still see some of that even now but things are on the way in a good direction. The one thing that must get better is the focus on details when it counts. It seems that there are always other things to talk about or distract when we need to focus the most. I must say that our drum major is really making a difference in this though. She is certainly becoming the leader that I had hoped. Today will be the largest competition we will go all year. 31 bands will be present. In 12 hours, we will know if all the work though out the week has come together and in just a bit more time than that we will know our results. I have been very happy with our results so far but I would really like to get the results on paper today. Will a focused, sharp band show up today or are we still developing that? We will know soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, it's back in the good ole days when you actually liked me :)
I'm kidding...

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home