Monday, September 29, 2008

Weird Day

Today was somewhat odd. I really felt kind of rushed all day. There were a lot things going on. I knew I could not attend the last hour of rehearsal today due to open house. I was "told" to be there and that is fine. I understand that sometime you just have to do things like that and I understand the chain of command too. The kids looked really ready to practice today. Maybe getting close to what they wanted motivated them a little. Maybe they finally believe that they can be great...this year! Or maybe we are just into our groove of rehearsals. Maybe they finally understand that together we can all get what we want out of band. I think it is a combination of these things. It was nice. Today it was just Mr. Henke and myself with the band. It reminded of the old days when I really worked the entire band alone. After I went in for open house, Mr. Henke ran rehearsal and I was happy to have somebody that could do it other then me. I did meet a few parents of students not in marching band but I really, really missed being at rehearsal. It was odd for me to listen with out helping but the band is sounding better and better. I heard there was some more talking than usual with me not there but I know that would never happen in a band as good as Dutch Fork. Right? I will be more than ready to tomorrow. I am sorry I had to miss a bit today. I will make it up later. Promise.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I walked up to the practice yesterday, there was a different vibe to the band. "more, more" said mr. Henke.they tried so hard to give him more! Kids were sweating and trying harder. I hope for no rain today and some drying out for you guys for the field. It looks like a fantastic year, but it is not over til the fluffy lady sings at state!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home