Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Draw

Hey we didn't do too bad. We perform second to last at state. The only problem here is that we won't have a lot of down time between prelims and finals but that is OK. Where you performed at state use to be a huge deal because almost nobody that performed early would really have a chance at doing well. That has changed but I still like to perform later in the day. So I like our draw. Luck or fate what ever you choose but we did well on Saturday afternoon and the band wasn't even there. I am going fishing now. What kind of person gets up at 5:20 AM on their day off to go fishing? ME!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Brady,
Sorry i couldn't put this in an email, but my something is wrong with it.
I just got my smart music subscription for the Honor band of america auditions (which I have to have the recording sent in by September 30). I tried downloading the software and activating it on my pc but for some reason it doesn't work. Could I possibly try downloading and activating the smart music cd on your computer or one of the computers in the band room. If I can't get the Cd to work then I probably couldn't audition for it. Well whatever your decision maybe just let me know a.s.a.p. Thanks -Mia

7:52 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Scott Slatton said...

That IS a nice draw Mr. Brady. In the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-five, the Blue Ridge Tiger Band performed first at the 1A state championships and scored an 87 something beating the next closest band by 5 points for the first of its five state titles. An early draw can be overcome, but it would have been nice to have had a later one that year just to see where the score would've ended up.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home