Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Jazz Band


Today was my first attempt at Jazz Band at Swansea. It was a success. I have not had one at Swansea before due to the time restrictions of everybody in the spring semester so we decided to do it during class time. That does leave some students with little to do though. You really can't have a 50 piece jazz band but even the students that were watching and listening seemed to enjoy themselves. I have to say that the group did really well after just a bit of time to adjust to the way the music looked and sounded. They really seemed to have a good time. Maybe the best part of it all was at the beginning of class when I was in my office and heard several of the students really excited to see the jazz band set up. Only good things can come out of that. I wonder when the last time their English or math teacher heard them come into class like that. I had fun too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home