Monday, June 04, 2007

Band Friends

Well Cindy is out of town in Tampa for business so that leaves the me and the Boyz home alone. It was fun for about an hour but now we miss her. She will be back on Wednesday so at least it is not too long. I spoke with what I consider to be the best band director I know last night on the phone. His name is Dan Ward and a lot of people don't know that we are what I would consider friends. He has done just all the stuff in band that I would like too. He has taken them to the Midwest band clinic and won state more time than I know. He always has great advise for me and I really enjoy picking his brain for tips. The one thing he consistently repeats is teach the students to listen to each other. Don't worry about the notes and rhythms as much as that. He quit band directing and now does tours for bands. I sure do wish he would get back into it. I would love to be a band director and have him as competition! He is the best. We talked for about an hour last night. Many people would be surprised to know who my band friends are. Most people think us band directors are all about competition and we are but the ones that beat me and my bands are the ones I respect the most. Some people are afraid to admit there are others that do things better then they do. I am not one of them. I just hope they can tell me some of their secrets.
Monday was a good day. I went to the dentist which I hate and then came home to re-watch last nights episode of the Sopranos. Then we (the Boyz and I) watched the race since it was rained out yesterday. Racing has changed a lot in the past few years but I still love it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mr brady do you think we could play Elegy For A Young American. I thought it sound cool and somethin you would like for swansea. So I figured Id ask...

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home