Sunday, May 20, 2007

Back from Charlotte

It was a great race especially the open race. Lots of action as is usually the case at Charlotte. That place just looks fast. We had great seats right between turns 1 and 2 and we could see the entire track. My buddy Scott met me at about 12:30 and everything was already set up. What a deal! Charlotte sure has changed since we first went 15 years ago. Gone are the wooden bleachers. Now there is a grandstand with about 50,000 seats in it. It was a little sad to see the general admission seats we used to sit in covered with advertising. Not that I would sit there now any way. The gates used to open at 12 noon for those seats and $20 was all it cost. The problem (and the fun part too) was that the race didn't start until 7:00 p.m. so you had to seat there for 7 hours in the sun! There is so much to do at this track it is kind of like a fair. I did get to on the set of Speedvision's Windtunnel while they were broadcasting too. I got to see Spencer Jimmy. He once put out fire with his bare hands at Darlington. All and all it was great and I ate way too much food but I was back home by 9:00 a.m. That's the way to do did!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't get too fat man. Because you need to stay in shape for marching band.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with michael of that one.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home